Center of Peace & Conflict Events
The Peace and Conflict Center provides opportunities for active engagement in the community through ongoing events, service learning, and international programs. The Center features lectures, panel discussions, a film series, and cultural events that allow students, faculty and staff, and the broader Austin community the opportunity to engage with topics pertaining to social justice, conflict, and sustainable peace.
CommuniTea & Conversation
- The first of four gatherings will take place on Tuesday, December 6th from 4:30-6:30 PM
- Each event will feature Persian tea and sweets, live music, and facilitated dialogue aimed at processing the collective trauma that is impacting the Iranian community at large
- Musical guest Mohammad Firoozi
Peace in Relationships Series
- Healing Relationship Ruptures & Addressing Interpersonal Conflict with Restorative Relationship Conversations with David Cooley, SEPTEMBER 20TH
- Fat Love and More with JP Cardenas, OCTOBER 25TH
- From Taboo to Sexual Positivity: The Guide to Healthy Sexual Communication with Alicia Andrews, NOVEMBER 15 –CANCELED–
CINEMA OF CONFLICT & TRANSFORMATION SCREENINGS
Please follow the link to find more information on the film, discussants, and registration. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Who Killed Vincent Chin? SEPTEMBER 21ST
- Jafar Panahi’s Taxi OCTOBER 26TH
- Harlan County USA NOVEMBER 16TH
Poetry of Conflict Transformation
The series seeks to enhance readers’ understanding of complex issues explored by poets in the region, while also helping them envision positive futures.
A Discussion of Tamim Al-Barghouti’s In Jerusalem OCTOBER 4TH
Peace & Conflict Symposium
Spring | 04.14.2023
- Explore how current and anticipated impacts of climate change are affecting vulnerable local and global communities.
- Come discuss what climate justice looks like and how we can situate ourselves within an advocacy framework.
- Performances and Art exhibitions by ACC students.
Past events worth revisiting!
Symposium Events: 2012-Present
“It’s a day for our students to see connections between the seemingly disparate areas of their educational requirements, their own lives, local and global issues, and learn how they can get engaged in their community.”
— Dr. Shirin Khosropour, ACC Peace & Conflict Studies director
All Archived Events
This page features archival information and video footage from select Peace & Conflict Studies events in recent years.
Click the below links for information about specific events.