CO-REQUISITE ENGLISH 1301 AND ESOL SUPPORT CLASSES
Through a special co-requisite learning community in the English and ESOL Departments, students starting Level 4 ESOL classes can begin earning college-level credits now. Qualifying students move straight into English 1301 (Composition) and effectively shrink their Level 4 ESOL requirements down to just three one-hour ESOL courses.
By skipping over ESOL Reading and Vocabulary 4 and ESOL Writing 4, students in this learning community save valuable money and time.
In the ESOL support courses, students practice reading, writing and grammar skills in support of the material they are studying in the English 1301 class. The English 1301 and ESOL support courses are taken concurrently, for a total of six semester hours.
Students must be academic credit and meet or exceed ALL of the following requirements:
- Passed Reading 3 with an B OR placed into Reading 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
- Passed Writing 3 with an B OR placed into Writing 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
- Passed Grammar 3 or Intensive Grammar with a B OR placed into Grammar 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
- Passed Oral 2 OR placed into Oral 3 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
Because it is a credit-earning opportunity, this learning community is only available to students enrolled through our credit pathway.
Course Schedule Fall 2021: August 23rd – December 12th
- English Composition I ENGL 1301 – 303 – 28654, Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00pm- 6:20pm
- Non-Course Based ESOL Reading Co-Required NCBE 0112 – 001 – 33398 Online Asynchronous
- Non-Course Based ESOL Writing Co-Required NCBE 0113 – 001- 33400 Online Asynchronous
- Non-Course Based ESOL Grammar Co-Required NCBE 0114 – 001 – 33399 Online Asynchronous
To register for these classes please email ESOL@austincc.edu