Important Dates for Application and Testing
- Application and testing dates are for new students only.
- Continuing students generally do not need to re-apply or re-test.
- Returning students must retest if their most recent test scores are more than one year old.
- Note: The application and testing procedure takes 1-2 weeks. Students who complete these procedures after the priority dates in the chart may need to join a later session.
|Semester||Sessions||Application and Testing Opens||Priority Application Closes|
|8 Week session: January 17 – March 12||September 2022||January 4, 2023|
|16 Week session: January 17 – May 14||September 2022||January 4, 2023|
|12 Week session: February 13 – May 14||September 2022||February 1, 2023|
|8 Week session: March 20 – May 14||September 2022||March 1, 2023|
|Summer 2023||10 Week Session: May 30, 2023 – August 6, 2023||February 2023||May 17, 2023|
|8 Week session: August 21, 2023 – October 15, 2023||March 2023||August 9, 2023|
|16 Week session: August 21, 2023 – December 10, 2023||March 2023||August 9, 2023|
|12 Week session: September 18, 2023 – December 10, 2023||March 2023||September 6, 2023|
|8 Week session: October 16, 2023 – December 10, 2023||March 2023||October 4, 2023|
APPLICATION STEPS (ALL STUDENTS)
Step 1: Complete the ESOL Start Here Form.
Step 2: Complete an ACC application to get your ACCeID number. (The ACCeID is a seven-digit number preceded by a letter. If you already have an ACCeID number, move ahead to placement testing.)
To complete the application, you must have either a U.S.-issued social security number or an ACC-issued Alternate ID (NOT an ITIN). If you do not have a social security number or ACC-issued Alternate ID, please choose Option 1 or 2 below. If you already have a social security number or ACC-issued Alternate ID, you may choose Option 1, 2, or 3.
Option 1 – In-Person:
Visit one of the Continuing Education Offices at the following times and locations: https://continue.austincc.edu/campus-locations. Bring your social security number or ACC Alternate ID (if you have one).
Option 2 – By Email:
Download the CE ESOL Paper application, fill it out, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your social security number or ACC Alternate ID (if you have one) on the form.
Option 3 – Secure Online Application:
Before beginning the online application process, watch this video and review this guide:
- Create an application account. You will receive a follow-up email from ACC. Follow the email instructions to set up an application account password.
- Use your username and password to complete the application. In the social security section, use your U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ACC-issued Alternate ID.
- Wait for an email from email@example.com that says “Your Application Is Complete.” The email will contain your new ACCeID number.
Step 3: After you have completed an ACC application and received your ACCeID, move ahead to placement testing.
Need help with the application? Please make an Application Help appointment at calendly.com/esol-acc/app-help, email ESOL@austincc.edu, or stop by the ESOL office.
CREDIT APPLICATION STEPS
The Credit program is open to applicants with a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED). Tuition rates are based on residency.
- Complete the ACC Traditional or International credit student application. An ACC recruiter can guide you through the process. Visit ACC’s admissions page for more information.
- (Optional) Apply for financial aid. (See the Financial Aid page for more information.)