Continuing Education Application
The Continuing Education program is open to all applicants.
There are two ways to apply through Continuing Education
- Paper: Download the CE paper application form and email it to the Continuing Education Office or to the ESOL Department.
- Online: Complete the Online ESOL Application form . If you have a social security number, please contact our office by phone to share this (512-223-7451; for Spanish, 512-223-7492). We need it to process the application. This could take 1-2 business days.
You will receive an ACC student ID number. If you don’t have a social security number, you will also receive an alternate ID number.
The Credit program is open to applicants with a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED).
ESOL Credit Student Application Steps
- Complete the ESOL Application — You will receive an ACCeID number.
- Take the ESOL Assessment
- Do “Steps 1 and 2” of the ACC Admissions process. (See Notes 1, 2, 3 and 4 below)
- Wait for an email from the ACC enrollment advisors to make sure that all your documents have been received. Be sure they understand that you are an ESOL student. You do not need to take the TSI test or attend the Area of Study information session.
NOTE 1: INTERNATIONAL OR NOT?: As you begin the application (“Step 2”) here, it says, “If you are an international student, click here,” what do you do? The following groups are NOT international students:
- US citizens
- Permanent or conditional residents (“green card” or I-551)
- Undocumented students granted Texas residency under Senate Bill 1528
- Asylees, refugees, and parolees
Individuals in one of these four groups (a-d) should just click the big purple box that says “Begin Application.” Individuals who are NOT in one of these groups are international students. They should complete the application process for international students.
NOTE 2: QUESTION ABOUT THE TSI TEST: On the application, there is a question about the TSI test. It says: Have you or will you take the TSI assessment?
ESOL student applicants should generally answer “no” to this question. Answer “yes” only if you have already taken the TSI test. Students get a 15-credit waiver from the TSI requirement for ESOL classes. This means that students who plan to sign up for ESOL classes ONLY (that is, in their first semester or two at ACC) do NOT need to take the TSI test when they apply. They can say “no” here.
Note: The ESOL waiver is temporary. After 15 credit hours of ESOL (5 courses) and/or before taking courses in other areas, ESOL students WILL need to take the TSI test unless they have a TSI exemption. Students with a TSI exemption are never required to take the TSI.
NOTE 3: SUBMITTING ESOL TEST SUMMARY SHEET and TRANSCRIPT: After you fill out the application, it’s time to submit your “supplementary items”. You do that here:
At the bottom of the page, click on “Submit Supplemental Items.”
The second line says “Official TSI Scores.” Click on “Choose File” and upload the Test Summary Sheet that you received at the end of your ESOL Assessment. The Test Summary Sheet looks like this:
Also upload your high school or college transcript.
NOTE 4: AREA OF STUDY INFORMATION SESSIONS: ESOL applicants are not required to attend the Area of Study information sessions. Of course, you can if you want to. These can be extra opportunities to practice your English!