ESOL Program Requirement
Before you begin, please note: ESOL does not have classes for English learners who are complete beginners. To enter the ESOL program, students must already have basic or higher-level skills in English speaking, listening, reading, and writing. We encourage introductory-level students to practice English a bit more before they move forward with the application. There are many introductory English programs in the Austin area that can help. (Look here for a list, including ACC’s free Adult Education ESL program).
APPLICATION STEPS (ALL STUDENTS)
Step 1: Complete the ESOL Start Here Form.
Step 2: Complete an ACC application to get your ACCeID number. (The ACCeID is a seven-digit number preceded by a letter. If you already have an ACCeID number, move ahead to placement testing.)
To complete the application, you must have either a U.S.-issued social security number or an ACC-issued Alternate ID (NOT an ITIN). If you do not have a social security number or ACC-issued Alternate ID, please choose Option 1 or 2 below. If you already have a social security number or ACC-issued Alternate ID, you may choose Option 1, 2, or 3.
Option 1 – In-Person:
- Visit one of the Continuing Education Offices at the following times and locations: https://continue.austincc.edu/campus-locations.
- Bring your social security number or ACC Alternate ID (if you have one).
- Please call CE Registration at (512) 223-7542 before going to the Round Rock office. Due to staffing shortages, it is often closed even on Fridays.
Option 2 – By Email:
Option 3 – Secure Online Application:
- Create an application account. You will receive a follow-up email from ACC. Follow the email instructions to set up an application account password.
- Use your username and password to complete the application. In the social security section, use your U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ACC-issued Alternate ID.
- Wait for an email from email@example.com that says “Your Application Is Complete.” The email will contain your new ACCeID number.
Step 3: After you have completed an ACC application and received your ACCeID, move ahead to placement testing.
CREDIT APPLICATION STEPS
The Credit program is open to applicants with a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED). Tuition rates are based on residency.
- Complete the ACC Traditional or International credit student application. An ACC recruiter can guide you through the process. Visit ACC’s admissions page for more information.
- (Optional) Apply for financial aid. (See the Financial Aid page for more information.)