Step 1: Activate your ACC accounts
Step 2: Plan Your Classes
Log on to Self-Service to confirm your academic program, plan your classes and check for holds.
- Confirm academic program: Go to Student Planning>My Progress. Your academic program will be listed at the top. If you want to change your program, you must see an advisor (see “Step 3” below).
- Plan classes: Go to Student Planning>Plan and Schedule. Type “ESOL” in the search bar to find ESOL courses. You can also find all the ESOL class options on the course schedule, see above.
- Check for holds: If you have any holds, they will be listed as “notifications” at the top of the page. Each notification will guide you through the steps to clear the hold on your account.
For an overview of the registration process, you can watch the Self-Service Registration Video.
Step 3: Meet with your Advisor
Make an appointment for a video meeting with an area-of-study advisor. (Students in their second or later credit semester at ACC may be able to skip this step.)
- New students: Email the advising group at the campus nearest you to make an appointment.
- Continuing/returning students: Email your advisor for an appointment. You can log on to MyACC to see who your advisor is.
Need registration help? Here are two options.
- ACC’s Virtual Registration Station staff is here to assist and provide one-on-one support with the online registration and tuition payment systems after you have met with an area of study advisor.
“Live Chat.” You can find this in the bottom of the window here. The “traffic” for Live Chat can be busy, but keep trying during business hours and someone will eventually pick up. When they do, they are very helpful!