Co-Requisite Philosophy and ESOL Classes
Through a special co-requisite learning community in the Philosophy and ESOL Departments, students starting Level 4 ESOL classes can begin earning college-level credits now.
- NCBE Reading and NCBE Writing are paired with Introduction to Philosophy.
- Eligible co-requisite students must register for both ESOL support courses and PHIL 1301.
- Withdrawal from one course means automatic withdrawal from PHIL 1301.
- Students will be introduced to various significant philosophical issues and thinkers and to the practice of philosophical analysis while also receiving ESOL reading and writing support.
SPRING 2021 SCHEDULE
January 19 – May 16
NCBE Reading 0112-001-23421
NCBE Writing 0113-001- 23422
The three classes are online, with virtual meetings to be arranged.
- Passed Reading 3 with an A OR placed into Reading 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
- Passed Writing 3 with an A OR placed into Writing 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
- Passed Grammar 3 or Intensive Grammar OR placed into Grammar 4 on the ESOL Placement Chart.
Because it is a credit-earning opportunity, this learning community is only available to students enrolled through our ESOL credit pathway.
Contact ESOL@austincc.edu for more information.